The Association of University Presses (AUPresses) works to effectively represent our global membership and our core values of intellectual freedom, integrity, stewardship, and diversity and inclusion.
- We promote the free exchange of ideas, the unfettered pursuit of scholarly inquiry, the emergence and evaluation of new theories, and the expansion of human knowledge.
- We champion the freedom to think, research, publish, and read as pillars of an open and just society.
- We conduct our work ethically and honestly, earning and sustaining the trust of our authors, our readers, and our institutions.
- We establish best practices in peer review to ensure rigor and reliability in the scholarly record.
- We invest resources mindfully in the development and dissemination of scholarship, respecting the fundamental labor of publishing and conscious of our responsibilities as global citizens.
- We amplify authors’ voices, and work to advance and preserve an inclusive scholarly record.
Diversity and Inclusion
- We strive to give voice to the breadth of human knowledge and experience.
- We recognize, value, and encourage diversity among our community and partners as part of our ongoing commitment to equity, justice, and inclusion.
Articulated by the 2019-2020 AUPresses Board of Directors.